A flower blossoms for its own joy.
Make a list of your joys. Here are the guidelines.
- Be specific. The color of the horizon just before sunrise.
- Be ordinary. The squeaky-clean feel of my teeth on my tongue after I brush, floss, and rinse.
- Be small. The smell of a just cracked banana peel.
- Listen. The sound of first footsteps on the stairs.
- Be aware. The moon hung low in the hazy night sky.
If it is fun for you, make this a photo essay. Otherwise, chose another genre that is fun for you.
*Remember, you don’t have to accept this invitation…but I do hope you will accept the invitation to write. Sharing our stories is magical.
PS—There is a Facebook Group for the #sosmagic community. Join here.
invite others to join us
I’m joining an open community of writers over at Sharing Our Stories: Magic in a Blog. If you write (or want to write) just for the magic of it, consider this your invitation to join us. #sosmagic